Tell us a little about your little ones!
Ryan is a 4.5-year-old boy, going on 45, haha. He’s too intelligent for his own good, loves to play games, and is my best buddy and little helper. He’s currently playing t-ball and taking swim lessons. Rebecca is a 2.5-year-old little girl and I’m already trying to prepare for her teen years. She’s a trickster who knows how to get her way! She’s the only toddler I’ve ever met that just keeps laughing the more tired she gets. Right now she’s into exploring everything. Everyday is an adventure with these two!
When you’re not being super mom, what are you up to?
Working! I’m a blogger, brand spokesperson, and freelance writer (emilyrdickey.com). I also work with The Baby Ladies (thebabyladies.com) for social media parties and local events. I am lucky to LOVE my job and be able to work from home, but in my free time (wait… my what?) I love to be outside (barefoot), read, and draw. I’m also currently working on getting my childbirth educator certification!
What’s your favorite timi & leslie diaper bag?
They’re all wonderful, but the Kate tote is my favorite! The cobalt color is GORGEOUS, first of all, and the bag just has everything you could possibly need. It fits all the things for 2 toddlers or it fits my laptop and notebooks for work. It will last LONG beyond my diapering days.
What are 5 things in your bag that are mommy must-haves?
- Snacks. You’re sure to have a meltdown the moment you leave the house without them!
- A wet bag (and the Kate tote comes with a zippered sac that’s perfect!). Whether you use it for a dirty diaper, messy clothes, toys, or swimsuits, you’ll need it.
- A cloth diaper. And nope, I don’t mean a cute, buttoned, pocket cloth diaper (although we have those, too!). I mean a cheap Gerber “prefold cloth diaper” sheet. They’re big and absorbent—they work the best for ANY mess and you know when you’re out in public with the kids, there will be a mess. We even use them in our kitchen!
- My cell phone. I’m that mom at the park.
- My chapstick. In a pinch, it’ll keep the kids occupied, too ;)
Who is your mom style inspiration?
Kim Kardashian? I mean, did you recently see that photo of her pushing a stroller?! I can totally see myself showing up to the next playdate at the park like that. (But really, I have two toddlers at home—I don’t stay up-to-date on mom styles. I’m just amazed right now that I even knew about that photo!)
What’s your top tip for staying fashionable when juggling little ones?
Stick with what makes you feel comfortable. When you’re uncomfortable, it shows. Choose your outfit and wear it proudly—confidence is hot!